Short Story Sunday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie. I encourage all of my fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.
Jack Reacher's Rules is an easy-to-read guide complete with illustrations to the world of Reacher. it compiles timeless advice from former army cop. Our favorite two-fisted, quick-witted, freelance troubleshooter shares rules to survive in these streets. The selections are from the first 17 books of the series. It is NOT a Jack Reacher novel itself but literally a list of advice and facts Reacher-style.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Analyze your fear; it's probably not rational.
- Own nothing, carry nothing.
- If in doubt, be flippant.
- Eat and plan.
- Stand with your back to the sun so that it's in your enemy's eyes.
- No point in having a weapon at all unless it's ready for instant use.
- Fitness Regime: Throw back the covers. Stand up and stretch. Arch your back. Point your toes. Stretch your legs. That's it.
Clearly this one's for the fans!
Title: Jack Reacher's Rules
Author: Lee Child
Published: January 2012
Series: Jack Reacher
Rating: 🖤 🖤 🖤