- The day comes when you look out over this world, and see things you want to do, but now...you can only wish you had done them. You get too old to do the things you once dreamed of doing, or just things you want to do even now.
- Love runs, and ruins, many lives.
- Not just African slaves; every nationality alive has been a slave, at some time, for some other nation.
- Love, chile.
- Everybody can, and might, do you wrong. Sometime the least one you expect, chile.
- Jealousy is a dangerous thing; you should never take a jealous, envious person lightly.
- But there comes an end to some old problems while the new problems move into place.
- Chile, there are some crazy, wicked people in this here world! You know some of them.
- Child, never be embarrassed about improving your condition. Only fools laugh at anybody in school.
- It is exciting to me that if you live, and think right, you can find love no matter how old you are. And no matter how old you are, it's always good.
February 9, 2012
J. California Cooper Quotes
Yesterday I reviewed my first book read by J. California Cooper, Life is Short But Wide. Like I said yesterday, she drops jewels! She places tidbits of knowledge cleverly within paragraphs of a fiction story. Again, these are the kinds of statements that make you stop reading, grab a highlighter, take a sip of sweet tea, then lean over and ask a friend, "Did you catch that?"