Per my previous post, I just joined the Kill Your TBR 2016
reading challenge hosted by Bookish. Every month has a different theme designed to help knock out titles on your TBR shelves. Since I am late joining, consider this my catch-up post.
- Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson ~ Seriously WTF is on this book cover? Is it a happy ass squirrel dancing in confetti? How could I not pluck this book out of my TBR pile to read?
- F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher ~ Look at this beautiful cover of red roses crushed by black manicured nails. I had to read it next. Review to be posted soon.
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie ~ My head hangs in shame. But I never realized this short book existed. Sure we've all heard lines quoted in Beyonce's Flawless but I am embarrassed that I hadn't yet read the modified version of Chimamanda's talk delivered in 2012 at a conference.
- Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay ~ Do you notice a theme here? Yet another book about feminism that I'm embarrassed I hadn't read until now. Roxane Gay is one of my fave people to follow on Twitter. I finally got around to reading her awesome book of essays.
- Ms. Marvel No Normal, Volume 1 ~ I added this graphic novel to my TBR when it was published in late 2014. It took me forever to crack it open! Finally a comic book featuring a brown girl. Yay for diversity in a genre full of superheroes.
Post a Comment