- The Memory Book ~ A young girl writes notes to her future self, recording every detail and moment before a rare genetic disorder slowly starts to steal her memory and health.
- La Rose ~ Never mind the description because I didn't finish it.
- Underground Airlines ~ Imagine the Civil War never occurred. Imagine slavery continues in four (4) states. Hence the abolitionist movement called the Underground Airlines.
- One ~ Two sisters. Two hearts. Two lives. One body. Conjoined twins face an impossible choice. Written in prose!
- The Mother ~ A mother's emotional struggle to understand her teenage son's murder. Cruel violence transforms the lives of everyone it touches.
- How to Make White People Laugh ~ A memoir about growing up Iranian-American in a post-9/11 world. Using comedy to combat racism? I am here for it!
Well this is an easy monthly challenge! I am reading the books above based on when they are chronologically due back to my public library. Check out tomorrow's post where I share a picture of my library haul and a personal story.
If you are interested in joining this challenge with me, visit Bookish for the deets. Share your progress using #KillYourTBR2016 on social media.