2016 Goodreads Challenge: Read 116 books in 2016.
Challenge Met: 135 books read this year. (116% of goal)
2016 Page Count Challenge: Read 35,000+ pages in 2016.
Challenge Met: 38,806 pages read this year. (111% of goal)
Perpetual Kinsey Millhone Challenge: Continue to read books in the Kinsey Millhone alphabet series by Sue Grafton.
Challenge Missed: Read 0 Kinsey Millhone books this year. Oopsie!
Perpetual Jack Reacher Challenge: Continue to read books in the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child.
Challenge Met: Read 2 Jack Reacher books this year.
Keeping Up with Patterson Challenge: Continue to read books in the Alex Cross, Women's Murder Club and Michael Bennett series by James Patterson.
Challenge Met: Read 6 KUWP books this year.
2016 Bookish Kill Your TBR Challenge: 12 themes to help knock out titles on To Be Read shelves.
Challenge Met: Read 33 (12 themes) Bookish KYT books this year.
2016 PopSugar Reading Challenge: Read a wide range of 40 books spanning genres.
Challenge Almost Met: Read 34 Popsugar books this year. Click the title/author for my previously published review of the books featured in this reading challenge.
- A National Book Award Winner: Getting Mother's Body by Suzan-Lori Parks
- A YA Bestseller: This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
- A Book I Haven't Read Since High School: What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day by Pearl Cleage
- A Book Set In My Home State: Writing My Wrongs by Shaka Senghor
- A Book Translated to English: Perfect Days by Raphael Montes
- A Romance Set in the Future: F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher
- A Book Set in Europe: The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell
- A Book That's Under 150 Pages: Ms. Marvel No Normal Vol. 1 by G. Willow Wilson
- A NYT Bestseller: Home by Harlan Coben
- A Book That's Becoming a Movie This Year: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- A Book Recommended by Someone I Just Met: The Mothers by Brit Bennett
- A Self-Improvement Book: We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- A Book I Can Finish in a Day: Never Never by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
- A Book Written by a Celebrity: Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- A Book From Oprah's Book Club: Queen Sugar by Natalie Baszile
- A Science Fiction Novel: Liar by Justine Larbalestier
- A Book Recommended by a Family Member: The Mother by Yvvette Edwards
- A Graphic Novel: Archie Married Life 2 by Paul Kupperberg
- A Book That is Published in 2016: I Almost Forgot About You by Terry McMillan
- A Book With a Protagonist Who Has My Occupation: Falling by Jane Green
- A Book That Takes Place During Summer: Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
- A Book and Its Prequel: Killing Floor & Night School by Lee Child
- A Murder Mystery: A Murder Among Friends by Jennifer Lewis Williams
- A Book Written by a Comedian: Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
- A Book With a Blue Cover: Untwine by Edwidge Danticat
- A Book of Poetry: milk and honey by Rupi Kaur
- The First Book I See in a Bookstore: First Comes Love by Emily Giffin
- A Classic From the 20th Century: The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- A Book From the Library: Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
- A Book About a Road Trip: Getting Mother's Body by Suzan-Lori Parks
- A Book About a Culture I'm Unfamiliar With: The Illegal by Lawrence Hill
- A Satirical Book: The Sellout by Paul Beatty
- A Book That Takes Place on an Island: Just Like Me by Nancy Cavanaugh
- A Book That's Guaranteed to Bring Me Joy: A House for Happy Mothers by Amulya Malladi
You May Also Be Interested In:
Top 5 Series of 2016
Top 10 Books of 2016
Top 10 Book Covers of 2016
Top 10 First Lines of 2016