December 27, 2014
2014 Reading Challenges
I participated in five (5) reading challenges in 2014.
Click the title for my previously published review.
2014 Goodreads Challenge: Read 70 books.
Challenge Met: I read 90 books this year. (129% of goal)
2014 Pages Challenge: Read 17,000+ pages.
Challenge Met: I read 27,088 pages this year and counting. (159% of goal)
2014 Diversity on the Shelf: Read 7-12 books by or about a person of color.
Challenge Met: I read 23 books by or about a person of color. (192% of goal)
1. Deceptive Innocence Part One by Kyra Davis
2. Deceptive Innocence Part Two by Kyra Davis
3. Deceptive Innocence Part Three by Kyra Davis
4. Cross My Heart by James Patterson
5. Hi! My Name is Loco & I'm A Racist by Baye McNeil
6. The Rise and Fall of Big Meech & The BMF by Mara Shalhoup
7. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
8. The House Girl by Tara Conklin
9. In the Beginning by Abby L. Vandiver
10. How to be Black by Baratunde
11. Heart of Gold by Beverly Jenkins
12. Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton
13. Things I Should Have Told My Daughter by Pearl Cleage
14. The Prodigal Son by Kimberla Lawson Roby
15. A Wanted Woman by Eric Jerome Dickey
16. Commander in Chic by Mikki Taylor
17. Strong Heat by Niobia Bryant
18. Postcards from Cookie by Caroline Clarke
19. A Christmas Prayer by Kimberla Lawson Roby
20. The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl by Issa Rae
21. The Complete Collected Poems of Maya Angelou
22. Merry Sexy Christmas by Beverly Jenkins, Kayla Perrin & Maureen Smith
23. Hope to Die by James Patterson
2014 TBR Challenge: Read 6 books from my TBR pile.
Challenge Met: I read 6 books from my TBR pile. (100% of goal)
1. A book that was a best seller: Room by Emma Donoghue
2. A book that is on my physical bookcase: Dark Places by Gillian Flynn3. A book I got for free: House of Cards by Michael Dobbs
4. A book recommended by a friend: This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz
5. A book from a series: K is for Killer by Sue Grafton6. A book on my Goodreads "to-read" shelf the longest: The Rise and Fall of Big Meech & BMF by Mara Shalhoup
Perpetual Kinsey Millhone Challenge: Read books in Kinsey Millhone alphabet series.Challenge Met: I read books K-L this year. (100% of goal)